About Me

My photo
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
To know me is to feel my aura...you must be an intense person to understand me. I need poetry the way I need love, I need love to live. I love the rain because it inspires me. I aim to live a content life and enjoy the fruit of hard work. I believe that hard work paves our future. One cannot wish for a companion just to live, I believe that an empire can be built by two strong individual as long as the loyalty and interest have met their equilibrium to co-exist. I think life is simply lived at it's best when we simply learn to appreciate and love every moment we have living.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Chances are

So I wear my broken heart on my sleeve
Asking God to take it easy on me
Another tear I just might die
and forever have that scar of how you tore it apart

But I go on day by day
But by the weekend I die again like today
Tired of listening to our old tunes
Tired of remembering what once so good
Tired of trying to make me whole
while the missing pieces you seemed to hold
A broken puzzle and only you can fix
I'm afraid to let you
see me cry

Listening to Etta James Sunday kinda of love
And my world went back to our past
The kisses that you gave to only me
The laughter that used to belong to me
When your hand used to caress me...
Used to...
Was...
Then...

WAIT!!!!

STOP!!!

Why do i soak in this blood shed?
Why do I let you laugh with somebody else?
While I drown in my tears you caused
When my heart you tore apart.
Prevented me from allowing another
To once again fall in love...

ENOUGH!!!

No more ... at the end of my words
No more wishing and hoping that you'd return
No more crying myself to sleep
No more praying my heart for you to fix.

Chances are it was meant to be
As played out that line seems to me

Chances are I've wasted enough time
Probably ignored a guy who could've
Mend this broken heart

Chances are I'm opening my heart
Allowing myself to give love a try
Changing the pattern begins with me
Dry my tears and let my smile free
Allow my heart to feel that staccato beats
To feel that nervousness of
Another man's kiss
Chances are I'd be a little cautious
Chances are my heart would sing
Chances are I'd wear my heart on my sleeve
Only this time to show
That I got so much love to give!

Chances are I'd fall in love again

No comments:

Post a Comment

See the world thru my eyes...

See the world thru my eyes...
My eyes can't lie...it sees every thing! It shows everything!